This hardware kit is a fast and easy solution for creating custom linkage assemblies from approx 3" to 13.5" long (hole to hole). These are perfect for building animated projects using various types of electrical motors. Simply cut the included threaded rod to the desired length and assemble. The quick release ball joint rod ends provide for quick adjustments. We've included nylon insert lock nuts to keep things tight.
This kit is best suited for use with wiper motors and other similarly sized motors. For synchronous motors we recommend our ALK-1 kit.
This kit includes:
(1) 5/16 x 24 x 12" zinc plated steel threaded rod
(2) 5/16 x 24 x 1.5" steel quick disconnect ball joint fittings with 5/16 x 24 threaded studs
(2) 5/16 x 24 zinc plated steel hex nuts with nylon locking inserts
(4) 5/16 zinc plated steel flat washers
Tips to prevent binding:
1) properly align linkages.
2) lubricate all moving parts upon final assembly.
3) a few drops of medium Loctite can be used on the threaded rod to keep the ball joints from rotating if needed.